Since 1975, this course has stood the test of time and has benefited thousands of people who are competent, confident and reliable.
This course provides a foundational understanding of the internal and external elements of the transformer, the essentials of transformer operation and maintenance implementation and related industry standards. It covers the chemical, mechanical and electrical components of the transformer, the purpose and operating characteristics of these components, the significant requirements and methods for maintenance, and the major testing involved in maintenance.
- Transformer Basics
- Solid Insulation Life and Aging
- Insulating Liquids
- Standards, Regulations, and New Technologies
- Testing Insulating Liquids
- Moisture in Transformers
- Dissolved Gas Analysis
- Analysis of Furanic Compounds
- Electrical Testing
- Interpreting Oil Test Results
- Applied Transformer Maintenance
- Life Maintenance Program
Load Tap Changer Principles & Maintenance
Increase transformer reliability and life cycle through proper maintenance of load tap changers.
- Brief History of Load Tap Changing
- Basic Electrical Theory
- Components and Configurations
- Operating Principles
- Monitoring and Testing
- Internal Inspections and Maintenance
- Developing a Detailed Maintenance Program